Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good Morning, Penang!

I rarely shoot landscapes and natures as they are not my forte. However, once in a blue moon I do get up super early in the morning to catch the first light of the day. This is one of the very few moments in my life.



This was taken along Jelutong Expressway, Penang. I did a pseudo-HDR which is generating 3 different exposures from a single RAW file. A real HDR should be done using
exposure bracketing technique (well, at least that is what I think it should be). This HDR was created using Photomatix and with further enhancements using Photoshop. I personally prefer less dramatic HDR. It gives more realism in the photo. Well, I do lack in "Imagination Department".

HDR is currently the new pink in post-processing. Some people even applied HDR to portraits; some were extremely nice, some were extremely awful. However, don't strict yourself like I have limit myself from not pushing the boundaries. Explore and be bold! Creativities have no borders.

If you are not familiar with HDR technique and want to know more, don't hesitate to email me at
candidciku[at]gmail.com.